Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in
2021.www.veolia.comJob DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEThis position is
responsible for supporting activities related to the successful
planning and execution of medium and large capital infrastructure
projects from inception to completion, the size and sensitivity of
which have a significant impact to operational, financial,
regulatory and/or other company objectives.The candidate works
closely with operations personnel at the local business units and
contract operations, managing and coordinating project activities
utilizing a cross functional team approach. Projects are located in
Northern NJ: Bayonne, Rahway, Jersey City, Orange, Hoboken, and
also Middletown, PA. This job will be a hybrid role after training
in Bayonne is complete. The engineer will be expected to be onsite
at the projects regularly and as needed.The candidate works to
ensure Asset Owner satisfaction by delivering projects in
accordance with the success criteria defined in the project plan
(i.e. operational performance and efficiency, budget, schedule,
regulatory compliance, etc.)PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Civil Engineering. Experience in
Water/Wastewater Engineering is a plus.
- Possesses broad knowledge of multiple processes and/or
engineering disciplines, augmented with good experience and
seasoning, to the point where they can address the most complex
projects or address the most complex challenges, such as leading a
response to an emergency. May propose capital projects, or identify
other work that will benefit UW and/or a customer, based on their
expertise in one or more areas.
- Experience in managing water and wastewater infrastructure new
and replacement projects.
- Hydraulic modeling basic experience
- Basic experience as an Engineer for water main extension
projects including: service to new developments, main cleaning and
lining projects, new and replacement transmission and distribution
main projects, ranging in complexity and size
- Experience in managing and adhering to project budgets and
- Excellent analytical, organizational, computer and
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Extensive Knowledge of MS Office, and AutoCAD. Excellent
Microsoft Excel skills are a must. ESRI/GIS experience is a
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Excellent verbal presentation skills
- Manage water/wastewater projects, including conceptual
design/development, coordination of pilot testing, development of
the project plans and support external and internal funding
- Manage the development of technical, bidding and contractual
documents in accordance with enterprise engineering guidelines
including negotiations of agreements in coordination with supply
- Ensure enterprise Technical and Environmental Health and
Safety/Security standards are incorporated into the design
- Manage environmental and governmental permitting in
coordination with local business unit staff.
- Provide project oversight of design and construction management
personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, budget
compliance and adherence to applicable standards.
- Drive efficiency into project delivery through the monitoring
of delivery metrics and utilization of alternate procurement and
- Provide monthly reports to management regarding the status of
capital projects and issues affecting project performance.
- Participate in the development of engineering design and
delivery processes and standards.
- Support the local operations and business development team to
develop opportunities for additional services on existing
contracts, support development of new contracts and proposals.
- Provide technical expertise on engineering and operational
issues and support facility condition assessments for our
water/wastewater operations.QualificationsEducation / Experience /
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Environmental
Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License desired, PMP and/or
Construction Management certifications a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience managing water/wastewater design and
construction projects for pumping stations, wastewater collection
systems, water transmission/distribution systems and treatment
- Experience with environmental regulatory framework and
permitting approvals preferred.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong project management skills (initiating, planning,
executing, monitoring, controlling and closing).
- Ability to work effectively on all project phases from
planning, design and construction.
- Thorough working knowledge of water and wastewater conveyance
and process applications, master planning, geographic information
system platforms and smart water solutions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the enterprise to
gain delivery efficiency by engaging best management practices and
subject matter expertise as needed.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness skills, visible "leadership
by example" utilizing participative management involving employees
and teamwork whenever possible.
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Experience utilizing alternate project delivery methods
(design-build, integrated project delivery) and contracting methods
(guaranteed maximum price, reimbursable)
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite of products and other
planning/performance monitoring tools a plus).
- Financial analysis skills, including budget management, ongoing
assessment of project risks/opportunities and basic accounting
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50%.
- Ability to work transversally with corporate and local business
unitAdditional InformationA subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia
North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and
energy management services, including water and wastewater
treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal,
energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial,
industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers
throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia
North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than
350 locations across the continent.www.veolianorthamerica.comAs an
inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Bayonne , Engineering Assistant, Engineering , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!