LPN (PT), RWJBH Hamilton Internal Med, Trenton, NJ (Bayonne,NJ)
Company: Physician Enterprise Group
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The LPN assists the Physician, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse
Practitioner (NP) and Physicians Assistants (PA) in various aspects
of medical treatment and testing. LPN maintains exam rooms and
equipment. Assures an orderly flow of patients to be seen by the
Physician, NP, and PA. Functions include being part of the patient
care team in efforts to achieve goals established for both the
individual patient and the clinical service. Is responsible for
reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments
(i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and
medical errors. ***This is a part-time position, 24 hours per
week** Essential Functions:
- Administers immunizations, and injections as directed by
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician
and based on training received. Performs laboratory and diagnostic
procedures, i.e. venipunctures, urinalysis, glucose and hemoglobin
assessments and preparation of lab specimens and forwards to
appropriate lab for processing.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by
the nurse or physician.
- Assists the physician with patients including preparing
patients and the examination rooms, taking initial medical history
for the chart, taking vital signs, making lab and x-ray
appointments, and explaining the preparations to the patients and
- Assists with any procedures listed on Orientation Skills Check
List that have been taught through formal training or by registered
nurse or physician, i.e. ECG, RBS, urine dip stick, peak flow.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician
during treatment, examination, and testing of patients in
accordance with nursing standards.
- Follow-up on patient s calls as directed by physician.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician,
nurse practitioner and physician s assistants regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- Greets patients and escorts patient from reception room to the
examination room. Prepares them for physician examination.
- Keeps Medical Records in accordance with procedures and
- Maintains and keeps examination rooms and treatment areas
clean, including re-stocking of necessary medical supplies and
instruments, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares
sterilization as required.
- Observes records and reports patient s condition and reaction
to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Orders, prepares and inspects patient s chart/records. Posts
tests and examination results.
- Periodically checks expiration dates on in-house medications
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Removes lab reports from printer and attaches to charts for
- Reports any Patient complaints and billing concerns to Practice
- Reports any equipment problems to Practice Manager
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Shares responsibility of the daily office trash removal and
general cleanliness. Job Requirements:
- Licensed Practical Nurse Certification.
- Valid NJ state license to practice practical nursing.
- BLS Required.
- High School Diploma.
- Bilingual a plus. Hours*: *Hours are subject to change as
business needs require. Other Duties: Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. Equal
Opportunity Employer Associated topics: lead, licensed practical
nurse, lpn, lvn lpn, med, mtp, nurse ii, nurse lpn, practical nurse
Keywords: Physician Enterprise Group, Bayonne , LPN (PT), RWJBH Hamilton Internal Med, Trenton, NJ (Bayonne,NJ), Healthcare , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!