Ensures the overall delivery of home health services provided to
all patients in accordance with VNSNY policies, procedures and
standards of practice. Directs, coordinates, manages and oversees
the activities of all staff, from novice nurses to experienced
clinicians. As part of the nursing leadership team, supports the
VNSNY mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives to ensure
the highest level of patient-centered care, including quality and
financial outcomes. Provides and coordinates post-orientation
support to new hires during their transition to VNSNY and home
* Oversees referral intake and management to ensure that
patients receive assessment visits and that these visits are
scheduled and performed timely according with VNSNY policy.
* Leads weekly case conferences and addresses recert/discharge
decisions based on findings.
* Reviews orders; approves or declines as appropriate. Follows
up with staff if order correction is needed.
* Updates the patients medication profile and schedule as
applicable based on the order. Ensures all orders that address
frequency have appropriate calendar modification completed.
* Ensures that there are existing orders for requested medical
* Monitors Order Tracking Report and collaborates with the
Medical Records department to facilitate retrieval of orders.
* Enters detailed Non-Admit information into HCHB if no visit
was made. Ensures the Branch Director approved the
* Monitors vital sign alert reports. Follows up with clinician
or Documents action, any follow-up and physician notification.
* Reviews and processes wound score deviations documenting any
action and/ or follow-up.
* Approves movement of patients from intake to scheduling
following the VNSNY admission policy and procedure.
* Reviews Billing Claims Held Reports and works with revenue
cycle team to resolve any issues.
* Receives/reviews lab reports and assesses for normality.
Ensures lab reports are forwarded to the physician.
* Provides daily and/or weekend back-up coverage for other
Branch management staff during absences, which includes review and
approval of all clinical utilization documents.
* Conducts joint visits and field supervision visits as needed.
Conducts debrief and case management discussions to
assess development of critical thinking and case management
skills. Assists with assessment of case management
issues and developing strategies to address or resolve
Licensure: License and current registration to practice as a
Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing or
equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum of three years nursing experience and one
year home health experience required. Clinical management
experience preferred. Demonstrated understanding of the Federal,
State and local laws/regulatory guidelines governing the operation
of a Home Health agency required. Effective oral, written
communication and interpersonal skills required.