RN Executive Director - Home Health
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: July 19, 2021
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care
partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From
home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies
and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare /
Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all
staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site
during business hours or immediately available by telephone when
off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the
driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or
designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily
report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of
patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification
processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management
Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for
appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are
billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on
a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as
well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the
operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the
most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and
improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart
audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family
complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family
complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance
with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and
regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug
formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost
effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to
ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses
through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring
appropriate plan execution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse,
licensed practical nurse, or licensed social worker or college
graduate with a Bachelor's
degree with at least three years of documented experience in
discipline/field of study with at least one year of full time
experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology
- Current CPR certification
- Current Driver's License and
vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public
- GA: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have at least one year of supervisory or management experience
- in a hospice setting or an
individual with education, training, and experience in health
services administration with at least two years of supervisory or
management experience in a hospice setting.
- MS: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have two years of health care management experience and three years
of healthcare service delivery experience that would be relevant to
managing the day to day operations.
- NJ: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have a Master's degree in administration or a health related field
and at least 2 years supervisory or administrative experience in
hospice care or a healthcare setting OR a Bachelor's degree in
administration or a health related field and 4 years of supervisory
or administrative experience in hospice care or in a healthcare
- TN: One year full time
supervisory or administrative experience in home health, hospice,
or an oncology setting.
- TX: An LPN cannot hold an Executive Director position. Must
have at least one year of management or supervisory experience
- in a health-related setting and
evidence of 8 clock hours of educational training in the
administration of an agency within the 12 months preceding
designation of position per Texas Administrative Code.
- VA: One year, within the last 5 years, of supervisory or
administration management experience in hospice care, home health,
or oncology setting.
- AL, AR, AZ, FL, ID, IL, LA, MI,
MO, NC, NV, , PA, SC, WA, , WV: No additional state specific
Keywords: LHC Group, Bayonne , RN Executive Director - Home Health, Other , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!