Posted on: May 26, 2023
As a terminal-based resource, the Measurement Specialist will drive
in-depth investigations to minimize losses/gains and drive
non-routine measurement activities as prioritized by the Operations
team. The measurement specialist will be critical in ensuring all
radar and metering systems are fully functional and calibrated.
- The individual must be self-motivated, be a project initiator,
interact with other engineers and operations personnel of varied
disciplines, and the demonstrated ability to work independently
with minimal supervision.
- Install, calibrate and troubleshoot radar gauging and control
instruments during new construction project, turn arounds, and
- Knowledge of liquid measurement devices, helical turbine, Smith
PD, Coriolis and Ultrasonic flow meters; pressure/temperature
measurement instrumentation; Cliff Mock, and YZ Samplers, pipe/ball
provers, small volume provers and Flow-Cal data processing
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure
transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters,
chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short
- Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure
accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of
custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
- Work with project managers and engineers to provide feedback
and support on future automation and instrumentation
- Good knowledge of API, ASTM and GPA Measurement standards and
recommended practices, calculations and guidelines
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor
Requirements and Qualifications
- Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or completion of a Certificate program in a
related technical discipline from an accredited post-secondary
- Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in some combination of
engineering, project management, quality control, DOT pipeline
safety or risk management
- Understanding of basic statistics and cost/benefit
- In depth working knowledge of pipeline operations, project
management, risk management concepts, engineering principals, and
DOT Part 195 regulations
- The ability to estimate project cost.
- Ability to communicate effectively across many different
- A working knowledge of pumps, valves, piping etc.
- A working knowledge of API and ANSI, ASME and NFPA
- Familiarity with basic survey equipment and practices.
- Valid Driver's License.
- TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials)
- Equipment Used in Job Performance
- Computers and software
- Two-way radios.
- Allied office equipment
- Company vehicles
- Safety equipment
- Survey equipment
- Standard Drafting Tools
- Hand Tools
- Physical and Environmental Demand
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in
the English language.
- -Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the
- Ability to work in the outside elements.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
- Ability to communicate with all other terminal
- Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and
moderate lifting. Must be able to work in confined spaces, over
water and not be afraid of heights.
- Ability to wear and use a respirator.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Responsibilities Relating to Hazardous Substances
Must be conversant in the general procedures regarding discharge
control and containment. The Engineer must be able to apply these
regulations and procedures to any terminal expansion and
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of the work being performed. -This is not an exhaustive list
of all duties and responsibilities. The company reserves the right
to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and
organizational needs as necessary with or without notice.
Keywords: IMTT, Bayonne , Measurement Specialist, Other , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...