Company: Centerline Logistics
Posted on: May 3, 2022
Schedule and coordinate workflow for Centerline Logistics vessels.
Schedule and coordinate flow of work based on customer orders,
establish priorities and availability of personnel, equipment, and
resources. Select and schedule marine personnel for tugs and
barges. Maintain records, process paperwork to ensure proper
billing for services to customers. Maintain communications with
vessel Captains and barge PICs regarding change of orders via
radio, computer or cell communications. Assist in developing and
monitor procedures and programs to track company and crew
activities. Dispatch personnel in response to incidents and
emergency requests from vessels.
* Accuracy of prepared paperwork.
* Employee feedback on scheduling courtesy and communications.
* Adherence and understanding of Centerline Logistics operating
policies and procedures.
* Perform related administrative duties as assigned.
* Preparation of morning customer reports daily.
* Facility Security and crew POC throughout the evening watch
* Perform in Centerline Logistics Incident Command System as
* Incident and spill free operations.
* Customer satisfaction.
* Equal distribution of work among marine personnel.
* Extensive knowledge of the local operating area.
* Four (4) year college education in Maritime or related studies;
or equivalent experience.
* Three (3) years at sea on tugboats, tankers, or oil barges or
equivalent military experience preferred.
* Three (3) years of increasingly responsible management in
* Knowledge of tugboat and oil transportation industry.
* Knowledge of tug and barge maintenance systems and equipment
* USCG license and PIC endorsement on Merchant Mariner Document
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive materials and
* Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
* Must be capable of calculating barge load and discharge plans or
learn within the first month
* Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written
* Ability to interface with others using courtesy, tact, and good
* HAZWOPER training preferred.
* Valid First Aid/CPR/AED training.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Must be able to read, speak, write, type, and understand English
in person and over telephone.
* Must be 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United
Job Condition and Environment
* Required to sit for long periods of time.
* Infrequent light physical effort required
* Work with computers, fax machines, copiers.
Expected Hours of Work
Scheduled dispatchers work twelve-hour shifts totaling 5 shifts per
week, including nights and weekends or twelve-hour shifts totaling
4 shifts per week, including nights and weekends. Please note the
hours and schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the
Centerline Logistics currently has companies operating across three
US coasts in every major Jones Act marketplace providing
world-class safe and efficient transportation. In an industry where
the unexpected can arise at every turn, Centerline is committed to
leading the charge by continually providing exceptional customer
service, lowering its environmental impact and deepening its
stewardship in the communities it serves.
Centerline Logistics offers competitive benefit and compensation
packages. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Drug Free Work
place. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
Keywords: Centerline Logistics, Bayonne , Dispatcher, Professions , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!