Maintenance Technician II
Company: JTI Electrical & Instrumentation, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Job description Position Summary
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician III
is responsible for repairs and maintenance of machinery and
mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor
systems, and production machines/equipment. The ideal candidate
will have prior general knowledge of food manufacturing equipment
and can follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Read and understand electrical schematics to locate and
troubleshoot components on the equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex electrical breakdowns.
- Knowledge on mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems
and perform maintenance as needed.
- Complete changeovers as needed.
- Ability to weld and machine parts with shop equipment.
- Read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyors,
production related equipment, etc.
- Identify the causes of mechanical breakdowns and repair as
- Conduct routine maintenance and safety checks (preventative
- Rebuild mechanical assemblies such as capper chucks, horizontal
- Ability to operate production equipment.
- Ability to work off ladders and aerial platforms (scissor
- Able to use hand power tools.
- Create and complete Work Orders into Computer Maintenance
Monitoring System (CMMS).
- Perform building repairs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs all work in a safe manner to include following specific
procedures for LOTO before making repairs.
- Attends daily and monthly safety meetings
- Understands and follows good manufacturing practice (GMPs).
- Familiar with OSHA safety standards
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is
Five to Seven (5-7) years of experience as a maintenance mechanic
Experience using the internet, spreadsheets, and Maintenance Rating
Program (MRP) is preferred.
Certificates pertaining to the job such as: Certified Welding
Certificate, Journeyman Machinist Certificate, Boiler Training
Certificate & Better Processing School preferred.
Understanding of Production processing and Quality Control
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos; and write simple correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's is required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations is required.
Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and
comply with all safety policies and requirements.
Ability to stay up to date on new products, equipment, technology,
and techniques is required.
Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
Good communication skills are required.
Must have the ability to work in a fast pace and stressful
Ability to work constantly walking, standing, bending, twisting,
reaching, grasping and lifting throughout the entire shift.
Ability of manual movement of parts and tools that may weigh up to
Able to work weekends and overtime with little notice is
Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
Bayonne, NJ 07002: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
pneumatic,hydraulic,and perform maintenance: 2 years (Required)
maintaining equipmentcluding motors, conveyors,: 3 years
Mechanical knowledge: 2 years (Required)
Keywords: JTI Electrical & Instrumentation, LLC, Bayonne , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Bayonne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!